Friday, January 28, 2011

Wings

Finished up the wings tonight... finally! I'm very happy that the wings are complete. I used the Futaba servos and WOW... all I can say to describe those servos is WOW! They are fast as heck at 6.0V and hold steady as a Oak. The hardware I used are the standard soldered metal clevis on the control surface with the kit included control surface horn and on the servo I attached a DuBro HD ball link. I must say it's a slop free setup. Tomorrow I will be installing the rest of the servos and linking the remaning control surfaces. This truly has been a blast so far. In the next few days I will be completeing the entire airplane along with running the engine and showing how I will make a fuel can for under $30... those things are getting very expensive for no reason. Stay tuned ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment