Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Barbs, Servos, and Screws!


Tomorrow I'm going to solder on the other couple barbs I need on the pipes. I have been advised that it's best in large scale RC aircraft to have barbs on both ends of the pipe leaving the tank.


On a separate note: My new servos came in. I could not get the first set of servos I purchased to center so I returned them for a full set of Futaba. That's right.. I'm going all out Futaba now! After 2 years of solid Spektrum loyalty I am switching sides as far as radio equipment. I'm not going to make this post about bad mouthing Spektrum or any other brand. I just simply have had a few issues with my Spektrum equipment and at the same time the Hitec servos that I read much about others having trouble. Even after all the information I reviewed about Hitec I still gave it a try... It just didn't work for me. So hello Team Futaba. The Futaba 8FG should be arriving soon. I will comment on my thoughts about it as soon as I get my hands on it. I have learned that Futaba servos do not come with their own screws and truly don't include much more than a servo, an arm, and rubber grommets along with the little metal cylinder for mounting. You must provide your own screws. The Futaba screws come 10 to a bag and can cost upwards of $5.00 per bag, or you could purchase #4 x 1/2" pan head Phillips screws at your local hardware/home improvement store that are pretty much the same thing and only cost about $1.00 per bag of 16. They both fit through the grommets and length is same, so no worries there. The diameter of the generic screws is a tad larger, but should not be a problem since it's going into wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment